Campbell of Lerags Cross, near Kilbride

Campbell of Lerags Cross, near Kilbride

ID: GB1796_859_20_0858 DESCRIPTION: This cross, known as Campbell of Lerags Cross, stands above the road to Lerags, just south of Oban, near Kilbride. It was re-erected on its present site in 1926, having lain in pieces in Kilbride Church for over 200 years. Carved from a single block of green schist, the cross was originally erected by Archibald Campbell of Lerags in 1516. This image can be purchased. For further information about purchasing and prices please email the Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID. PLACENAME: Lerags DISTRICT: South Lorn OLD COUNTY/PARISH: ARGYLL: Kilmore and Kilbride CREATOR (AV): M E M Donaldson PERIOD: 1920s; 1930s SOURCE: Inverness Museum and Art Gallery COLLECTION: M E M Donaldson Collection Asset ID: 10750 KEYWORDS: