Drumnadrochit Hotel, Loch Ness

Drumnadrochit Hotel, Loch Ness

ID: QZP40_CARD_0015 DESCRIPTION: The hotel was built in 1881-1882 by the architects Matthew and Lawrie. The village of Drumnadrochit is situated at the head of Gelnurquhart Bay on Loch Ness. Temple Pier, one and a half miles away, was a stopping off place for steamers on Loch Ness. It is now a tourist centre and is associated in particular with the Loch Ness Monster. The original baronial building now houses an exhibition and a modern extension has become the hotel. PLACENAME: Drumnadrochit OLD COUNTY/PARISH: INVERNESS: Urquhart and Glenmoriston DATE OF IMAGE: 1939 PERIOD: 1930s SOURCE: Highland Libraries COLLECTION: Highland Libraries' Postcard Collection Asset ID: 31898 KEYWORDS: